Monday 9 July 2012

'Someone like yoooooou' Inspiration from Adele!




When it comes to beauty, it's the timeless, flawless, classy look that I believe is always the most flattering on anyone. Lately i've been taking a lot of inspiration from Adele - someone who I think is stunning. When I saw the 'Someone Like You' video I was completely in awe of her whole look - the hair, make up, dress and those gorgeous diamond earrings!! I was invited to a pretty big night out, and thought that i'd try to not imitate, but recreate the look she has got going on. I will never be as beautiful as her... but I can bloody well try! :p


The hair:


The hair inspiration mainly came from this picture >




My attempt >


I was ridiculously happy with how my hair looked. My hair dresser done an incredible job, and I don't think my hair has ever looked better. It took just over an hour and a half (not including washing & drying the hair) and I ended up needing over 100+ grips to keep everything in place. It looks pretty complicated but all it consisted of was a mini beehive, then the hair being pulled to one side, then the rest of the hair being separated into small chunks of hair then was tightly curled by GHD hair straighteners. After a pretty heavy booze-fuelled night out my hair still looked pristine (probably thanks to all the hairspray that was used!). I've tried to reinvent this look myself without the help of a hairdresser, and it doesn't even come close to how it looked that night! 



The Face:



Inspiration cam from this picture >
Timeless, classic and flawless... Easy Peasy :/























A lot of products went into creating the 'look', but I had to be very careful not to make it look like I was wearing way too much make up if you get me? Adele seems to keep things simple and classy, which is something I've really tried to achieve! I haven't gone too heavy on the eyes as in Adele's picture, but i'm still quite happy at the result, and I would definitely try this look again. Looking back on it, I'm really shocked as to how many Benefit products I used. It wasn't planned like this, I literally just used the things I thought would be best suited for the task at the time. I think if I was to try this look again, I would use a much different range of make-up, definitely including YSL Touche Eclat, Benefit's Brow Zings, and probably use a darker range of eyeshadow such as the Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection. Nude lips will be a must for next time... but i'm so addicted to my Posietint it's untrue! 





Here's what I used:

Benefit Porefessional primer - £23.50
Benefit Play Stick in Spin The Bottle - £25.50
Benefit Sugarbomb blusher - £23.50
Benefit They're Real mascara - £18.50
Benefit Creaseless Eye Cream in Birthday Suit - £14
Benefit Posietint - £24.50
Bare Minerals I.D Eye shadow in Tan Lines - £14
Maybelline Black Gel Eyeliner - £7.99





So what do you think?

Do you take any inspiration from celebrities?

I'd be really interested in reading your celebrity inspired looks - leave a comment and a blog link below so I can check it out :) 

xoxox






4 comments:

  1. Great job!! Her makeup is always beautiful at events, will be trying this myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - if you write up about it post me a link, i'd love to check it out x

      Delete
  2. You look great! :) Hannah x

    ReplyDelete