Tuesday 10 July 2012

'I would like to thank all the little people....'




I woke up a couple of days ago to discover that I had been nominated for the Liebster Blog award by the lovely Nicola


Now, i've not heard of this award before, but then again i've only been in the blogging business for all of 7 days!  So I hope Nicola doesn't mind, but I'm going to copy the guidelines from her post to her so you can see what it's all about too :) 




Liebster is German for -  sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The blog award should be given to somebody with less than 200 followers, yet they show each and everyone one of these qualities above.

Thank you to everyone for all the tips and advice, and thanks to all the people that have chosen to follow me even though I have been a bit slow with updating the blog! It really is lovely of you all! 

IF YOU ARE NOMINATED:
1. You must write 11 things about yourself.

2. Questions would have been set by the person who has nominated you for the Liebster blog award, you must answer the questions asked, and create 11 of your own so that the people you nominate for the award can keep the blog award running smoothly and answer your questions too.

3. Choose 5 people who you think deserves the award, they must show that they are sweet, kind, nice, lovely, kind, pleasant, warm and welcoming in every way.

4. You must then go to these peoples blogs, and tell them that you've nominated them for the award and copy the link of your post to explain how the award works, no tag backs allowed.

11 Things About Me:

1. I turn 22 on Thursday (12th July) - Boo :(
2. I am addicted to anti-ageing products.
3. I tend to be a bit of a music snob!
4. I own all of Johnny Depp's movies.
5. I adore anything with the leopard skin effect!
6. I went Greek school for 13 years but can hardly string a sentence together.
7. I somehow managed to get a 2.1 degree in Psychology.
8. I can play the guitar - ish!
9. I've appeared in the background of The Bill, Holby City, Family Affairs and Ker-Ching.
10. I love dark chilli chocolate.
11. I’m going travelling in August - Amsterdam, Hannover, Berlin, Prague, Vienna & Budapest! :)


Nicola's questions for me:


1. Who is your favourite blogger(s)/youtuber(s)?

My favourite blogger is Sofia - I stumbled across her blog a few weeks ago, started following her blog and it gave me inspiration to start my own! She is a fierce, honest and passionate writer - i'm forever checking her blog to see if it's been updated - which is usually has been! Check out Sofia's blog!


2. Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Don't worry about numbers! Write about what you want to write about - don't write to simply gain followers.

3. What is your favourite beauty brand?
Benefit - Hands down. 

4. What are your holy grail products?
Benefit They're Real mascara and John Frieda Leave in Conditioner spray.

5. Skirts, shorts, dresses or jeans? 
Dresses!

6. What's the last thing you do before bed?
Spend at least 5 minutes talking with my other half... we both lead very busy lives and often we can spend the whole day not speaking to each other.

7. What is one beauty related thing that you preach but don't practice?
The importance of taking make-up off! But when I go out... I really go out! Often I come home at 5am - a complete mess and the last thing on my mind is taking off my make-up.

8. Who is your hero? (Celebrity or not)
My parents. Still going strong after 35 years of marriage - blows my mind! 

9. Do you have any hobbies?
Guitar, travelling, gym and I guess I can add blogging to that list now!

10. Which item(s) can you not leave the house without?
Bag, phone, lip gloss, mirror, debit card, credit card!

11. What is your all time favourite movie/film?
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.


Thanks for reading :) So here are my questions for my five nominated blogs:

1. If you could change any one thing about the world, what would it be?
2. What did you want to be when you was growing up?
3. Would you rather live without hair products or make-up?
4. What has been the highlight of your year so far? 
5. Describe your everyday look. 
6. What will you be doing at 5pm tomorrow?
7. Why do you think people follow your blog?
8. What have you got on your face right now?
9. On a night out, do you wear heels or flats?
10. What's in your handbag?
11. What would be your perfect pet?

The five blogs that I nominate:

2. Rachel
3. Hema


I have nominated you all because whilst searching around for ideas, inspiration and interesting reads you were the ones the stuck out in my mind the most!

Now I don't usually like the whole 'receive and pass it on' thing, but I thought it's a great way of showing someone that you appreciate there blog - and all publicity is good publicity right?? It's a nice way of getting to know the blogger and really seeing into their personality!

Thanks for reading! It's been fun, and hopefully you'll carry the award on! I look forward to reading your posts :)




No comments:

Post a Comment