Monday 2 July 2012

My very first review... Benefit WOW Foundation!

This is my very first post, so here we go!

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation - £24.50, 30ml


This product has been years in the making. The Benefit brand is a huge, global name who are constantly refreshing their products. However, I was really surprised to find out that this was Benefit's very first liquid foundation. I could not apply the saying 'Good things come to those who wait' any more to this foundation any more if I tried! This product reached UK stores on the 31st March so it is still relatively new. I heard about this coming out at the beginning of the year and I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I always thought it was weird that Benefit hadn't offered a liquid foundation before now... Or if they did they must have discontinued it waaaay before I was in to Benefit.


It's available in 9 shades - I use "Believe in Me, Ivory" which is the lightest shade of the range (story of my life). It's oil-free, which is great if you suffer from oily skin. I don't but hey ho, every little helps! It has a natural finish - and when I say this I mean it gives you perfect coverage without feeling like you have anything on your face, and I found that it gave me a great complexion. When I wore it on a night out the first thing a guy mate said to me was 'your skins looking good Sarah'... yes a guy said this to me so I think from then on I 100% knew it was a winner! To top it off, it also has SPF 25 PA*** (PA*** means it has the highest quality protection grade from the Sun) which is perfect for all the pale folk like me!

One pump of this stuff is really enough to cover your whole face, however you can easily build on it depending on how much coverage you want. I'd recommend applying it with a foundation brush rather than your fingers - you really don't want to waste this product on your hands! When using this with a primer I found this literally lasts all day and night... but without a primer it will probably get you through the day, but you will definately need to reapply when going out at night.


The best thing about it? With just one pump it gives you a natural, clear look.

The worst thing? The price. Like most Benefit stuff I know it's going to last me ages but it would be nice to have had a glass bottle instead of plastic... We all know that with pretty brands like Benefit we are paying for the fancy packaging as well as the product!

It is definitely one of the better foundations I've used, and I probably would buy it again.

What do you think?

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment