Saturday 14 July 2012

Maybelline BB Cream - To buy or not to buy?

A few days ago I got sent 3 free samples of the new Maybelline BB Cream. I got 3 little sachets of the 'light' cream. I actually managed to try these on the 3 sunny days we had last week, which was pretty lucky really. 


First of all, whenever I manage to get my hands on a sample it's NEVER the right shade for me... but these were perfect. When I first opened the sachet I thought they were being quite stingy and there's no way there'd be enough to cover my face - but there was and more. With this product, a little goes a long way! Which already proves that with a full bottle (£7.99), you'd get a lot for your money.


It's nice, light and creamy, and within 5 minutes of having it on I totally forgot I had anything on. It hydrated my skin and gave me good coverage. It's just right for a nice summers day, and would defo be a staple holiday essential for me - especially with the SPF in it too! It's the kind of thing you'd put on if you want really light coverage, or if you simply can't be bothered to put on a full face of make-up.


I honestly believe that if a brand is confident enough to send out free samples then it must be a good product. I was really happy with it, and ended up buying the full size (£7.99).

I haven't used it since last week, but I am going travelling in a few weeks so I think this will be the perfect BB cream to take out there with me.


Has anyone else tried it?

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I have found it difficult to match the colours to my skin but if I use it carefully and only a small bit or even mix it with something else it's ok but not one of my fav BB creams :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree, just the tiniest amount is needed, i've noticed over the last couple of days that it can go to feeling light to feeling really thick quickly! But I think for the price, and all the offers you get with the beauty products (2 for 3 in Boots/Superdrug) I don't think you can really go wrong! Thanks for reading :) xx

    ReplyDelete