Tuesday 3 July 2012

'Creaseless' eye shadows... Do they REALLY work?

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner - £14, 4.5g.


Creases = The reason I stopped using eyeshadows. There is nothing more heart braking than to spend ages applying, blending and layering eye shadows to only look in the mirror an hour later to see that all that work has turned into big creases across your eye lid. Bain. Of. My. Life.


Last December an advert for 'creaseless' eye shadows from Benefit caught my eye... and of course I had to try it. It's pretty simple to apply, you just have to make sure you don't blink for at least 30 seconds or so to make sure it dries. It isn't a liquid or powder, but a cream, which is best applied with a foundation brush rather than a sponge brush or your fingers. You can also build upon it, but you have to make sure you leave plenty of time between each coat as you'll end up taking off the layer you just put on! 

When used with a primer it's pretty phenomenal... which is a big word just to describe an eye shadow but would you believe me if I told you that that I had it on all day, and night, and in the morning after my eye make up still looked perfect without even a hint of a crease. I am not lying! I'm 99% sure that if I was even more a scummy cow and left it on longer it probably would have lasted the rest of the day. It's so light you really don't know you have anything on at all.

But when used without a primer, it is just your basic cream eye shadow that may last an hour or two before giving up. There is no point buying this product unless you are going to invest in primer. This is literally the only negative there is, but yeah, without a primer I wouldn't bother at all with it.

My favourite is by far 'Birthday Suit' which is a soft gold/nude shimmer colour which is a gorgeous base shade... whether you are wearing this colour alone or blending it with other colours. Apparently it is the most popular shade in the UK - I can't say i'm surprised! 


I now own 6 shades, and I have my eye on a few other ones too! I have Birthday Suit, Stiletto, Gossip, Busy Signal, Skinny Jeans and Sippin' n Dippin'.


At £14 a pot, I'd say it's well worth the buy. It lasts a crazy long time and the packaging is super cute. It comes in a little round glass pot which really makes you feel like you've bought a premium product.

What do you think?

Do they work as well for you as the do for me?

What shades do you own?

Have you tried any other 'creaseless' products?

xoxox

3 comments:

  1. I love them! Samba-dy-loves me, skinny jeans and also my favourite birthday suit :) I wish I got sippin 'n' dippin before it went :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh i've not tried the Samba one. I found a link for you www.directcosmetics.com They sell end of line Benefit stuff, Sippin n Dippin is on there for about £4 I think! Defo worth a buy xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh i've not tried the Samba one. I found a link for you www.directcosmetics.com They sell end of line Benefit stuff, Sippin n Dippin is on there for about £4 I think! Defo worth a buy xx

    ReplyDelete