Saturday 14 July 2012

Elemis - Defined By Nature, Led By Science.

Elemis is a gorgeous luxury brand who know a thing or two about skin care. Prices of products can range from reasonable to way out of my price range, but it always leads to me to wonder whether you can really put a price on a great skincare range? Elemis is packed full of natural properties and they do not test on animals. They seemed to have hit the nail on the head when it came down to finding that carefully crafted relationship between the use of natural ingredients and scientific advances. They know they're stuff is all i'm saying!

There are quite a few products that I'd like to go through - so apologies in advance for the lengthy post!






CLEANSERS: 

Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser (Anti-Ageing), £27.60, 150ml.

I love using this. It is everything a cleanser should be and more! It's luxurious, deep cleansing, purifying and smells divine. It's packed full of natural ingredients such as Moringa Seed, Great Burdock, Noni and Assai Fruit, Sweet Brazilian Orange and Lavender (to name a few!!). Make-up and dirt on your face is instantly dissolved - it leaves your skin so soft that you would probably end up forgetting to moisturise! This is, for me, a pricey product, so I only use this twice a week or so, especially after a night out to really make sure I get rid of all that make-up. 

Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser, £19.40, 200ml.

This is a suitable everyday (AM & PM) cleanser that is chock-full of natural ingredients so it isn't harsh on your skin. It's particularly good for combination or congested skin types as its aim is to balance the skin, as well as getting rid of dirt and the build of daily skin pollutants. My face is always left feeling very soft and supple. I'm not overly keen on the smell, it's hard to describe - almost clay like? But, it does the job, and for Elemis, it's a fairly reasonable price.


FACE WASH:

Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash (Anti-Ageing), £27.60, 200ml.

This is a pricey product - I don't know many people who would be happy spending nearly £30 on a face wash... yet this is one of Elemis best-sellers so it must be a pretty good one! This is part of the Anti-Ageing Resurfacing Program which I know nothing about (honesty and all that jazz!), but I can at least tell you of my experiences using this product. It's thick, creamy and smells absolutely gorgeous. It lathers up quickly, and when I use it I like to really massage it into my face, and leave it on for 30 seconds to a minute or so before washing it off. I've done a lot of research into this product and I am shocked as to how much love, dedication, thought and science has gone into the making of this (...i'm starting to understand the price tag now). Again, it is chock-full natural ingredients aimed at smoothing, refining, brightening, resurfacing, smoothing and preparing your skin. I haven't used this as part of the program, I would like to, but I think it is wasted on me as my skin is in good condition, and I'm only 21! I believe you should start using anti-ageing products from a young age to fight the wrinkles early on, but I don't think i'll try this for another couple of years or so. Have you tried the program? Comment below and let me know what you think!



TONERS:

Soothing Apricot Toner, £19.40, 200ml.

This is one of my favourite toners. I'm a sucker for all things apricot-scented. It's a gentle toner that effectively tones and helps maintain your skins pH levels. I've had so much experience with toners either being basically like water and not doing nothing, or being filled to the brim with alcohol and harsh chemicals, yet this one seems to be packed with natural ingredients, whilst still feeling like it has some power in it do really make a difference to your skin. My only dislike is that it's got quite a 'dry' feeling to it, you often feel like you have to apply it twice to make sure that you've actually put it on your face. It's definitely one of my all-time favourite toners.

Balancing Lavender Toner, £19.40, 200ml.

The first thing that always hits me is the smell. Lavender! I find it quite overpowering, but that's probably just because i'm not a fan of flowery smelling things, i'd much rather a fruity or creamy smell than flowers. Other than the smell, i'd be lying if I said there much difference between this toner and the Apricot toner. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and pure. I probably wouldn't buy this particular one again despite there not being much difference between this one and the Apricot one. It's a good product non-the-less, but the smell, although it is a rather petty thing, is just not for me.


MASKS:

Herbal Lavender Repair Mask, £45.99, 250ml.

It's a thick, grey, clay mask - which is pretty much what you expect from a standard mask, but there is some pretty special stuff going on behind the scenes! I have found that it's a pretty powerful in terms of seeing the instant benefits and effects that comes with using this mask. Soothes, softens, rebalances and purifies your skin, and you can see this pretty much instantly after using it, even if just once. The smell is a bit of a funny one though, very herbally, and very lavendery... which is what it says on the tin I suppose! It says to leave on for 6-8 minutes but I like to leave on for 10-15 minutes to make sure it really works into my skin. After 8 minutes I tend to find that this product hasn't quite set on the skin yet and feels like an awful waste of money washing it away before its done what it was set out to do. The downside - the price! I'm not sure if I can justify spending just short of £50 on a mask, but saying that, you get a lot in a tube and you don't really need much to cover your face. 


*Update* 36 hours after using this mask my skin is still incredibly soft. I don't think i've used a mask where I can still feel and see the benefits 3 days after using it. I am starting to understand, and accept, the expensive price tag.



CREAMS:

Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, £76.20, 50ml.


There is a lot of hype around this cream. Its won award after award, and it's the best selling cream of 2012 so far. The price tag is at £76.20 but you can find it a fairly cheaper price if you look in the right places online. Its reported to reduce the appearance of wrinkle depth by 78% and increase the skins hydration and moisture levels by up to 45%. Again, I think this might be wasted on me as I still have quite young skin and have little-to-no wrinkles. It's thick and gorgeous and it really does feel like a premium product. My skin felt pretty incredible, especially when used in conjunction with the face wash and toner. I couldn't stop touching my face all day - my skin felt super hydrated and moisturised. I love my anti-ageing products, but I think I wont have to use something like this for another couple of years or so. It's definitely one of the big boys when it comes to anti-ageing products.

Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream, £92, 50ml.


...and if you thought the day cream was expensive check out the price of the night cream! £92! I don't mean to go on about price all the time but wowwwweee. Apparently, its been clinically proven to increase oxygen levels in the skin by up to 41% after 28 days. This is what it says on the tin 'Formulated with revolutionary marine extract Padina Pavonica, an Anti-Ageing hexapeptide, and red coral. Stimulates your skin's natural regeneration process for a younger looking skin.' Like the day cream it's thick and luxurious. When I woke up the next morning I felt like I didn't have to moisturise for the next week my skin felt that good. I like to believe the two creams do what the promise to do, but due to my age and young(ish) skin, I feel like I cannot give a true and fair review of these two products in particular.  




BATH:

Elemis Skin Nourishing Milk Bath, £50, 500ml.

This was made to celebrate 20 years of Elemis excellence. The bath milk comes in a lovely glass decanter which when finished with, can be used for a variety of things depending on how creative you are... Mines still sitting in the bathroom (empty) - I will figure a use for it one day! I'm not sure if you can buy this exact one anymore, but Elemis still stock the Milk Bath. It's a lovely, creamy, nourishing mixture to pour into your bath. It's supposed to capture the essence of Cleopatra's ancient bathing rituals. It has a milk protein base which is packed out with vitamins and minerals. I wouldn't buy this product for myself again - its a bit of a lavish buy, but I would definitely buy it as a gift for a loved one.

*Empty!*


So, that's my Elemis collection - which in total comes to just under £380! I can truly understand why Elemis is such a leading skin care brand - there is a lot of science that goes into making each and every product. This is definitely not a young persons brand, but it would a brand that I would add to my daily skin care routine in a couple of years time. It is pricey, but you really are paying for excellence and science. You can find some really good deals on Elemis online, and they're not stingy with sending out free samples with all your orders. 

So... What do you think?

Do you use any Elemis products?

Is Elemis worth the money?

XOXOX




No comments:

Post a Comment