Tuesday 3 July 2012

It's a fact that every girl owns a million mascaras....

Mascara! If your anything like me then you will most likely have a million and one mascaras dotted around your house. The other month I had a huge clear out and got rid of a lot of old make-up, not to mention that I threw away about 15 old mascaras... If you've had it longer than 6 months - Bin it!!

I'm going to review the last surviving 5 mascaras left in my make up bag.



1) Maybelline - The Collosal Volume Express (Waterproof), £7.19, 10ml.


I have a thing against waterproof mascaras. When I was younger it just HAD to be waterproof, but i find that no matter how 'waterproof' something may be, they still run... And this mascara just does that. I will have spent a long time putting on a nice face of make up only to blink once after putting this on and have black all over my eyes. It wipes off your skin easy enough but it is a pain! I definitely will not be buying this again. The only plus I can give this is that it doesn't clump... and if you apply about 3/4 coats you do get a nice volume in your lashes... But do you really want to apply a mascara 4 times in order to get the desired effect? I only put it on if i'm too lazy to dig out another mascara. If your a Maybelline fan,  I would recommend 'The One by One Volume Express' Mascara over this one.

2) Maybelline - The One by One Volume Express, £8.49, 10ml.


The best thing about this mascara is the brush. It's called 'The Lash Catcher' - its flexible, chubby and  actually pretty cute! It gives a great coverage and it's one of those mascaras that you can keep layering on until you get the look you want and you want get any clumps. I find that one coat is more than enough for an every day look but two coats gives you that 'POW' factor! It doesn't claim to be waterproof but it has a lot more staying power than the above mentioned Maybelline mascara. To me, this is not a fantastic product; it's one of those products you quickly put on to nip to the shops. There are definitely much better mascaras out there, but it's got one of the best brushes i've come across.

3) Rimmel - The Max Bold Curves, £6.69, 8ml.


It's one of those products that boasts big things and sadly fails to deliver. The brush is curved, which proved to be a pain to cover those little lashes. It doesn't offer an even coverage, and most of the time the outer lashes hardly had any mascara on them at all. I'm not a fan of applying different types of mascara in one sitting but I found that generally after using this I would end up having to go over my lashes with something else. I found it takes a long time to dry, and as soon as you blink it just seems to go everywhere. When applied lightly, its an 'ok' product, but it goes from 'ok' to clumpy and sticky in a matter of a stroke of the lashes. I wouldn't recommend buying this product, which is a shame as I quite like the Rimmel range. If this mascara is in your price range, i'd definitely stick to either Maybelline or Max Factor.

4) Max Factor - False Lash Effect, £11.99, 13.1ml.


There's three reasons as to why I bought this. 1) I instantly liked the packaging. 2) I love the brush, I just find that the chubbier the brush, the better it applies to the lashes. 3) It claims that by using this you will have 'Full Lashes, Natural Look'. < Now that is me in a nutshell! I love my make up, but I hate to look fake! It definitely gives me full lashes... there's not much of a difference length-wise, but it applies smoothly and evenly over every single lash to give you that 'full' look. It last pretty much all day but I generally have to reapply by the end of the night. It doesn't do big amazing things to my lashes, but I like it. For the price, i'd say its a good buy. As far as my make up bag is currently looking, it's easily the second best mascara I own.

5) Benefit - They're Real, £18.50, 8.5ml


The most expensive mascara i've ever bought... and probably the best i've ever tried! It's been rated a the UK's number 1 Mascara so it looks like a lot people agree with me. It has beautiful packaging (well it is Benefit!) and it has a very strong and sturdy brush. What's unique about this product is that the wand has bristles even at the tip so you can reach those hard to cover lashes. You can keep building on this mascara and you wont come across a single clump, no matter how hard you try! In one stroke your lashes are literally transformed. It pretty much dries instantly and I've never found myself wiping it off my eyelids. It doesn't claim to be waterproof but it doesn't budge and pretty much lasts all day/night and even right up until the morning after! I felt like a walking advertisement for this product when I first started using it... I was constantly being asked if my lashes were real, and no one would believe me when I said they were! No lash inserts, no lash strips, just mascara! Minimal effort, massive impact. Now that's my type of make up! The only negative is the cost... but then again, I would be more than happy to pay out for a great item like this. 

So what do you think?

What mascaras are you using?

xoxox








No comments:

Post a Comment