Saturday 28 July 2012

14 day trial of the new YSL Foundation!

I managed to get my hands on two samples of the new YSL foundation - each has enough to last 7 days.

I had one makeover in Boots, and the lady said my perfect shade was BD20, then a week or so later I had another makeover in Debenhams, and I was told that my perfect shade was BR20 - go figure!

Yves Saint Laurent, Le Teint Touche Eclat, £28, 30ml.


L: BD20 R: BR20


BR20 (Beige Rose) is literally just a tad bit light than BD20 (Beige Dore). BR20 has an underlying pale pink tone to it. Usually I am the lightest colour in every range, but the YSL representative said that I was the third darkest shade in the light range. I would really suggest going into a few different shops and getting a few peoples advice on what shade would suit you best. I was originally happy with BR20, but was even happier with BD20! 

L: BD20 R: BR20

The range comes in 22 different shades - so there will definitely be a shade to suit you! After using this foundation for two weeks, i've come to realise that it is not a foundation that covers you up, but it is more of a foundation that highlights the best parts of your face, and it seems to enhance what you already have. I believe that it is made with the same stuff that goes into the famous Touche Eclat highlighter/concealer pens - which is all about  highlighting, enhancing and illuminating your skins natural beauty. It catches the light beautifully, and it really does give you a natural look. 

My first reaction was to the price - £28?? But after thinking about it, I paid £25 for the new Benefit one so I guess an extra £3 isn't the end of the world. You get a lot in the bottles - 30ml, and I love that the full size bottle is glass - which it should be for the price you are paying!
Excuse the frizzy hair!

So this is me with BR20 on - the lighter shade. It is very very natural. You can hardly tell i have anything on, but it did give me a smooth and clear complexion. When wearing this shade, I keep my make up very minimal and natural. I don't have a picture of the BD20, but it definitely gave me more coverage, whilst still giving me flawless skin. 

Will I buy the full size? Probably! I have 3 cheap foundations and my Benefit one, but once the Benefit one runs out - I  will be looking into this product again. And I will be going to a few different YSL stands to figure out what shade I should buy - there's no way I'll be spending next to £30 on the wrong shade!




No comments:

Post a Comment